- Marriot Elite Status
- Hilton Honors Status
- World of Hyatt Elite Status
Every major hotel chain offers some sort of hotel loyalty program status. Frequent guests earn rewards such as free room upgrades, club lounge access, complimentary breakfasts, late check-out, free stays, and more.
Many people believe that the only way to earn hotel elite status is to rack up the required stays or nights. Not everyone can afford to travel a ton to do this, and thankfully these days you don’t have to! If you do travel a lot and do not already register your stays to a loyalty account, you are missing out on all of those benefits we mentioned.
Big hotel chains are competing harder to up occupancy rates and fill beds, meaning multiple reward programs have been set in place to reach elite status.
Elite status can be earned as a benefit to select credit cards, promotions, status matches, and promotional airline agreements. Occasionally you can earn it through a status challenge too.
Marriot Elite Status
There are 5 different status levels available within the Marriot rewards – Silver Elite, Gold Elite, Platinum Elite, Titanium Elite, and Ambassador Elite.
Silver Elite is the easiest status to obtain, but there aren’t too many benefits compared to Platinum Elite members. These members receive late checkout until 4 pm, lounge access, a choice of breakfast or extra points, and a room upgrade (based on availability).
On top of this, Platinum Elite members also receive an annual award when they log 50 qualifying nights. They can choose one from the following: five Suite Night Awards, give the gift of Silver Elite status, 40% off your favorite mattress, five Elite Night Credits, or a $100 charity donation.
How to Earn Marriot Elite Status
Be a Marriott Credit Card Holder
You’ll receive at minimum a Silver Elite status by having one of the following cards:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold™ Credit Card from Chase: This card gives you 15 Elite Night Credits annually, qualifying you for Silver Elite Status.
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™ Credit Card from Chase: With this card, you will automatically receive Silver Elite Status. Additionally, you’ll receive 15 Elite Night Credits each calendar year towards the next level of Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- Marriott Bonvoy Business™ American Express® Card: You will receive complimentary Silver Elite status with your Card.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card: You will receive complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status.
Spend your way to the top
Spending $35,000 on your Marriot credit card can earn you Gold Elite status, and spending $75,000 within the calendar year will earn you Platinum Elite status. It’ll take you a lot of spending to get to these statuses, so it’s not the most valued option.
Hilton Honors Status
There are three different tiers available with Hilton Honors – Silver, Gold, and Diamond. With Hilton Gold and Diamond status you will receive much better benefits (such as free continental breakfast and executive lounge access). With Silver status, you will receive your fifth night free, which will save you some money and points.
How to Earn Hilton Honors Status
Be a Hilton Credit Card Holder
The easiest way to earn Hilton status is to own one of their co-branded credit cards. Being a holder of this card will automatically give you elite status.
- Hilton Honors American Express Card: Complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status.
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass Card: Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status.
- Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Complimentary Honors Gold status.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Complimentary Diamond Honors status. Also, receive access to over 1,000 airport lounges around the world with complementary Priority Pass.
Spend your way to the top
With selected credit Hilton cards, you’re able to spend a certain about of money to earn you the next tier of status. If you spend $20,000 you’ll automatically receive Gold status, and if you spend $40,000 you’ll receive Diamond status.
Approved applicants can apply for an instant boost to Hilton Honors Gold for 90 days. Within the 90 days, you’ll have to build up some nights and any Hilton
property to lock in your Hilton Honors status through to March 2023.
- Hilton Honors Gold can be earned by staying five nights.
- Hilton Honors Diamon can be earned by staying nine nights.
Usually, you’d have to stay 20 – 30 nights to receive these statuses, so this promotion is a serious discount.
World of Hyatt Elite Status
The World of Hyatt offers three status levels: Discoverist, Explorist, and Globalist. While Discoverist status is the easiest to earn, there aren’t any special benefits other than a free bottle of water every day and late checkout (2 pm). Explorist Status will earn you Access to upgraded rooms on qualifying nights and late checkout. If you have a Globalist status, you’ll benefit from access to the Club lounge access, including breakfast. You’ll also be able to check out until 4 pm. Explorist members are also upgraded to the best available room, excluding suites, depending on availability.
How to Earn Hyatt Elite Status
Be a World of Hyatt Credit Card Holder
Being a holder of the World of Hyatt Credit Card will give you automatic Discoverist status.
Spend your way to the top
The World of Hyatt Credit Card gives five elite qualifying nights annually, plus two elite nights for every $5,000 spent.
- Hyatt Explorist Status: Spending $65,000 on your Hyatt Credit Card will earn you 31 qualifying nights – enough for Explorist status.
- Hyatt Globalist Status: Spending $140,000 on your Hyatt Credit Card will earn you 61 qualifying nights – enough for Globalist status.
Earning hotel elite status isn’t as difficult as it may seem. Many hotels hand over elite status by simply owning one of their co-branded credit cards. You can also find status matches and challenges that’ll make it significantly easier. Take a look at which benefits and prices seem worth it to you, and begin racking up those points!